Julian's Misadventure

| |




Date: 17th July 2011 (Sun)
Venue: homeground, swimming pool
Accident: Daddy 's fault - dare devil act - diving!

When you have 2 boys and a naughty father, you must have a strong heart! That's my advice!

I left the 2 monkeys to a monster to fetch my little princess from her usual grooming around 5pm. Just into my 10 minutes drive and I got a phone call telling me to come home immediately after fetching Nicole. I sense something was wrong.

The kids have gone swimming with Dad and as usual Daddy came out with some dangerous ideas, asking them to dive at the 1.5m end of the pool to overcome their height phobia. Garwyn, being another dare devil enjoys the diving but Julian was real scare and he was reluctant to dive so I guess he turned back during the process and hit his chin on the wall of the pool and bled.

It was Sunday and at 5pm, where do I find a doctor. I tried called my usual nearby family GP but he actually had the heart to tell me go KK and he was ending his shift duty and refused to even check on him. I remember there was a 24 hours nearby so I called a friend who worked around there to help me check on the clinic. It was opened so I went. The doctor was kind to turn back (was his dinner break) to check on him but he was reluctant to stitch or glue his chin up as he considered Julian as too young. So he applied pressure for him and suggested I go to KK hospital.

I was in 2 minds to go or not as I knew it was going to be crowded (too many naughty kids in Singaopore. LOL) and Julian was not that serious so he won't have priority. I called my friend who was on her night shift in that previous clinic to try my last luck. She told me it was a relief doctor but not too bad. I went over and thanks God! I met a good one. He told me the wound was not that serious and since we could apply pressure and had been running everywhere for help for the last one hour plus, we didn't need to do anything. He prescribed some anti-biotic and off we go!

Of course during this process, the guilt-stricken daddy kept calling us....

0 You Bark here: