Nicole's Spayed

| |

The many faces of Nicole from 2004 - present (Clockwise)

Finally I have spayed Nicole - 8th April 2010

8th April 2010 - Finally I had summoned enough courage to spay Nicole.

I'd wanted to spay her since I'd adopted her in 2004 but Aunty Unique (who is a witch) had casted a curse on Mommy. And whenever, I have made appointments to sterilise Nicole, misfortunes would always befall, thus make it impossible to carry out the mission.

In 2004 - when I booked an appointment to spay her, she had her 1st heat on that day itself. Subsequent years, change of maid, move house, kids falling seriously sick....

As now she is already 6. Her heat was irregular and not much. She often has skin problems due to her hormonal changes.. Dr Kasey Tan again hi-light to me the risk of not getting her spay early. The risk of woman cancers, the pain that she has to go through if she needs chemotherapy in her senior years... really freak me out. My tears almost rolling down and I'd to stop him from blaring some more.

Finally I've decided the date 8th April (Thu) 2010. Same thing happened - the curse! Julian and Garwyn were seriously ill. Both were down with viral fever and bronchitis. Julian was even rushed to hospital as no fever suppressants could stop the fever - it surged to over 40C. I thought to myself - dead! Can't do it again! But I was really desperately to do it before she is too old and putting her to higher risk. So Aunty Unique and I did a lot of praying to lift the curse. And I told myself that the most I would tired myself to death taking care of 3!

On that morning, I made sure Dr Kasey did the blood test and everything needed to ensure her operation successful. I nagged and nagged at Dr Kasey. He He... A million thanks to Dr Kasey Tan and the staff of Mt Pleasant. My Nicole came home safely and with a set of polished teeth. Her wound was healed in only 5 days instead of the 7-10 days.

Finally mission spaying is possible. The curse is finally broken. From now on... I just wish Nicole will be with me for another 10 good years or better - MORE!

0 You Bark here: