Our Fight with Virus!

| |



Poor Julian was on drip. Dr Watt disallowed mommy to enter the room when she inserted the needle into him. Dr Watt and nurses used a blanket to tie his body up and inserted the drip. I could hear Julian screaming for me even I was 2 doors away. My heart is so painful..

The hamper was given by his school - Kinderland

Julian only entertainment in Mt Alvernia. He would want us to push him around with this "pole".

For the last 2 weeks, our house was like a war zone. We put on a fierce fight with virus and bacteria. Julian & Gar Gar were down with some virus infection. It started with a running nose. After a course of anti-biotic - Augmentin, it didn't help and especially Julian, he began to develop high fever of over 40C for more than a week. Gar Gar was 38C but he was still very alert. Dr Watt changed their anti-biotic to a stronger Zinnat but Julian's fever continued to surge. I'd not being able to sleep cos I need to monitor their temperatures and sponge them in the middle of the night.

Finally on the seventh day of his fever, I started to panic. I was almost breaking down as I felt that I was so alone watching my sons suffering and Julian was talking non-senses when his fever surged to 40C. Dr Rhonda Watt was very kind. She responded to my desperate call for help. She called me back a few times to check on him that particular night.

The next afternoon, his fever surged to 40c again. I rushed him to the clinic to insert a suppository into his anus to break his fever. His fever subsided very slowly and we agreed that we had to admit him. Dr Watt put him on drip with stronger anti-biotic and did a second blood test for him again. This time, his reactive protein had exceeded the standard limit. After 2 nights in the hospital, his fever had finally gone. Then it's mommy's turn to fall ill. I had been like a 7-11, taking care of both ailing kids. During the day time, I took care of Julian in the hospital then I went back at night to monitor Gar Gar's temperature and to breastfeed him.

0 You Bark here: