A Mother's Journal - Part III

| |

" BEST MAID OF THE CENTURY"

I read an article that says being mother will make her a smarter person. I strongly agree! I do not understand what is estrogen or scientifically tested or experiment. I flunk my science anyway.

Nevertheless, as a mommy of 2, no! 3, my experience sure proven I've become smarter because being a mother is sure a learning process! As a hands-on mommy, I played many roles!

As a nurse, I swear I never understand those medical terms and medicines names before I was a mother. When doctor asked me what I was taking, beside panadol, I could only describe to him or her it's blue tablet or sarsi favor syrup for coughing. After being a mom, I make sure I understand every words the Dr. says and thus make sure to memorize every terms and medicines.

As a educator, I am a student all over again...I will make it a point to go through all my kids' works and revise it before I teaches them. I just wanna make sure I could answer their questions and not try to "smoke" them like their daddy did! So I begin with learning phonics. Now I could sing it! I also try to be careful with my "Singlish" and speak proper English infront of them. Presently, Julian is very interested in Dinosaurs! So poor mommy has to twist her tongue and pronounce all the tyrannosaurous, albertosauraus, daplextosaurous... then comes the homophone... Next the solar system that consists of Pluto, Earth, Mar, Venus.... Although I was a As student for Geography, that does not mean I could still remember! So I had to go into NASA website to read about it again!

There is a chinese saying that goes "上梁不正,下梁歪". As a discipline mistress, I need to set good examples. So I am now always on my toe! I have a habit of nail biting when I am in stress but I always tell my 2 monsters not to put fingers in their mouths cos they will eat up all the bacteria hidding in the finger nails and the bacteria will start dancing in their tummies! Guess what, Julian caught me nail bitting again and told me this story... I feel so embarassed! I apologised to him and he told me next time dun do that again! I always check their nails weekly and make sure I trim their nails so 1 night Julian asked him to "lift up my hands and show him my finger nails" - I got caught for keeping long nails again! See it's not easy to be a RESPONSIBLE MOMMY, right!?

Now Mommy is like a Sponge all over again!



Hello! Mommies there....do u agreee!?



---------------------------------

I read a magazine somewhere and a mother said this which I totally agree and find it meaningful. So I jotted it down to constantly remind myself to practise it.



"I will stop anything I'm doing for my children. A lot of people have issues and hang-ups that can be traced back to childhood. I don't wanna equip my kids with the negatives when I can envelope them with the happiest things. Hopefully, they feel secure now and throughout their lives."

2 You Bark here:

Unique said...

You are a good mummy as i had seen how you take care and teach them all this year and i must also said you really change alot for the three kids. You are a supermummy! Hooray!

Jolene said...

Thanks for ur words of encouragement!